Are you happy with your Web site search? Most companies aren’t, and for good reason. We often expect that Web site search should just “work,” but it rarely does. And when it doesn’t, we blame the search engine, when often our problems have other causes:
- Are searchers looking for content that you just don’t have anywhere on your site?
- Are the pages you do have in your search index?
- Are those pages optimized, with the right words in the title and in the content?
- Have you looked at the most popular searches and made sure the results are good?
- Have you measured the number of no-result and no-click searches?
- Have you investigated multifaceted search?
For more information on these and other Web site search issues, check out some of Mike’s latest posts on the subject from the Biznology blog.