If you are like most people, you have no idea how the company with the #1 result in Google got there. You may believe that you just don’t know the secret.
Well, if you tilt your ear over this way, I’ll whisper the secret to you: There isn’t any secret. What you need to know may not be common knowledge, but it ain’t rocket science either. Whether you call it search marketing, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), or something else entirely, you follow the same steps to success. If you want all the details of every step, then buy the book Search Engine Marketing, Inc.
The book covers every aspect of search marketing in step-by-step fashion:
- Analyzing the value of search marketing to your business
- Setting your search marketing strategy and estimating your cost
- Persuading your executives and others that you should start a search marketing program
- Getting your pages into the organic search index
- Targeting the search keywords that are best for your business
- Optimizing your content for organic search
- Building links to your site
- Optimizing your paid search campaigns
- Creating operational processes and measurements that ensure ongoing success
If you thought that search marketing cost a lot of money or required too much expertise for you to pull off, think again. You can master the steps if you give it a try. Check out Search Engine Marketing, Inc. today.
But maybe you’re too cheap to shell out for the book. If so, you need my free guide Search Marketing for Skinflints, which lays out a set of tools and techniques you can use for nothing, zip, nada. Also, take a look at my free tips for paid search. If you work for a big company, check out my pointers for search marketing for a large Web site. And you should consider signing up for my free monthly Biznology® newsletter, which covers search marketing and other subjects that cross business and technical thinking.