Whether they are literally blogs or just great Web sites, there’s no shortage of Internet marketing resources—perhaps I have not made this list long enough. Let me know if you see resources that I should be recommending here and I will consider adding to the list.
- Seth’s Blog. Seth Godin, author of Permission Marketing and numerous best-selling marketing book, writes one of the top blogs on the Internet with his unique perspective. I don’t know any Internet marketer who does not read Seth’s Blog.
- Duct Tape Marketing. John Jantsch, author of Duct Tape Marketing, writes the best Internet marketing blog for small business—he understands the challenges of small budgets without compromising effectiveness.
- ClickZ. A wealth of information on Internet marketing, ranging from news to expert opinion to statistics and more.
- Scobleizer. Text and video blogger Robert Scoble is on the cutting edge of new Internet marketing techniques.
- Online Marketing Blog. Lee Odden and company deliver insights on search marketing, online public relations, and other Internet marketing topics.
- Out of My Gord. Gord Hotchkiss of Enquiro holds forth on everything search, mixing searcher behavioral insights with broader pieces on what’s changing in search marketing.
- Rimm-Kaufman Group Blog George Michie and the rest of the RKG group discuss Internet marketing, with special coverage of paid search and online retail conversion.
- Search Engine Land. Danny Sullivan and Chris Sherman lead a host of experts covering all aspects of search marketing.
- Marketing Pilgrim. Andy Beal and crew provide their take on search marketing, reputation management, and other Internet marketing topics.
- Search Engine Watch. The oldest and most popular search marketing site provides comprehensive coverage of search news and more.
- High Rankings Advisor. Jill Whalen and guest commentators offer tips on search marketing, focusing on clear and effective copywriting that appeals to search engines and persuades customers.
- Search Engine Guide. Jennifer Laycock leads a crew of writers covering every aspect of search marketing.
- Google Webmaster Central Blog. Google’s official blog to help Webmasters optimize their search results, focusing on the use of Google’s Webmaster Tools.
- WebmasterWorld. Probably the most technical advice, targeted at Webmasters and search experts looking for every edge.
- WebProNews. News and opinion on Internet marketing, especially search marketing.
- John Battelle’s Searchblog. One of the most famous blogs on the search engine industry, from the author of The Search: How Google and Its Rivals Rewrote the Rules of Business and Transformed Our Culture.
- ShoeMoney. Jeremy Schoemaker’s blog on Internet marketing with special emphasis on search marketing, especially paid search.
- SEOmoz. A well-known blog that focuses on search marketing, written by Rand Fishkin and the rest of the crew at his company.
- Search Engine Roundtable. Barry Schwartz and company serves up news and opinion on search marketing, including remarkably detailed coverage of search conference sessions.
- Occam’s Razor. Avinash Kaushik, author of Web Analytics an Hour a Day, writes deep posts several times each month exploring the big issues of measuring Web site effectiveness.
- WebMetricsGuru. Marshall Sponder shares his thoughts several times each day on the trends and news in Web metrics.
- Hitwise. Bill Tancer analyzes the latest numbers produced by this leading Internet measurement firm.
- SemAngel. Gary Angel provides his perspective on search marketing and Web metrics.